|Health and Emergency|
Mercy Hospital and Covenant Clinic
Part of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-Iowa
Administrator: Teri Derflinger
Covenant Clinic, Oelwein: 319-283-6153
Mercy Living Plus:
Oelwein Police Department
R.A.I.D. (Rural Area Interdiction Detail) is a drug enforcement task force which the Oelwein Police Department is an active part of.
The Department has three pumper/engines, one 85 foot aerial ladder truck, one 2000 gallon tanker, one heavy rescue, and one brush truck.
American Red Cross
2530 University Avenue
P.O. Box 1680Waterloo, IA 50704
Toll Free: 1-800-322-9051
Alan McKean, Executive Director
Lori Glover, Director, Emergency Services
The Hawkeye Chapter serves Black Hawk, Bremer, Chickasaw, Fayette, Butler and Grundy counties. You can find more information at www.redcross.org .
The American Red Cross provides many humanitarian needs to our community, including:
* Disaster services provides free, immediate disaster relief to familiesÂ including; food, clothing, shelter and any other necessities in the event of a natural or manmade disaster.
* Armed forces emergency services include contacting servicemen/women in the military in the event of a family emergency.
* Health and safety services provides educational classes including swimming lessons, CPR and first aid, lifeguard training and workplace training educating our community with lifesaving skills in case of emergencies.
* Biomedical services include the community blood drives.
* International services provides contact of individuals from oversees with individuals residing in the United States and vice versa.
The Red Cross has several publications that are available free of charge to the community on Preparedness before disasters strikes.
Volunteer opportunities are available and interested people should contact Alan McKean at 1-800-322-9051.